Shape Your Tummy
Tummy Tuck surgery is also known as abdominoplasty which is responsible for removing extra fat and skin from the abdominal area and help in renovating the separated muscles by transforming the abdomen into a smooth and firm one and this is what most of the women crave, a flat smooth and toned abdomen. exercises are not always enough to fetch it for women with excessive weight. In fact, there are people with overall normal weight and proportion but still, experience a protruding or sagging abdomen.
Several types of researches have been made and the most common causes of sagging or protruding are marked out which may include:
- Past surgery
- Abrupt weight fluctuations
The Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Tummy Tuck can be performed either by a complete Tummy Tuck procedure or by a mini Tummy Tuck procedure. Mini Tummy Tuck is for people with fewer fat deposits in the belly button area.
- The procedure begins with a prior consultation with your surgeon and thorough medical check-up.
- The Tummy Tuck procedure is performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation or as per your surgeon’s choice.
- A full Tummy Tuck encompasses horizontal incisions in the area between the pubic hairline and belly button. The line of incisions will highly depend on the amount of excess skin that is taken out. The abdominal muscles are also repaired and tightened.
- The extra sagging skin is removed and the skin from the upper abdominal area is pulled down. the skin is the stitched up, keeping space for the belly button.
- The incisions are kept bandaged or held tight with tapes and clips. The final result will be seen after the recovery when the swelling and bruising will go off. You will get a flatter, firmer, abdomen which is appropriately proportional to the body.
Limitations of Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Tummy Tuck is not a weight loss program, it is only responsible for tightening up the abdominal skin
- Tummy Tuck gives permanent results but the results highly depend on the person’s fluctuating weight. For women who consider pregnancy in the future are highly advised to postpone the plan for tummy tuck until pregnancy
- Last but not the least Tummy Tuck is not responsible for removing stretch marks or cellulite. But in some cases, the removal of excess skin might improve the condition
The Best Candidates for Tummy Tuck?
- People with overall good health and stable weight can be considered as the ideal candidate for the procedure.
- Women who have undergone pregnancies and which have resulted in sagging and protruding belly with loose abdominal muscles are also considered perfect.
- For men and women who once suffered from obesity and then have lost a lot of weight and now are left with some extra sagging skin and scattered fat deposits around the belly are also considered perfect for the procedure.
- The candidate must be a non-smoker and worried about the appearance of their abdomen.
- Finally, the candidate must keep realistic expectations from the Tummy Tuck procedure.
Who Must Not Opt for Tummy Tuck?
- Women who have plans to get pregnant in the future must postpone the plan for Tummy Tuck as pregnancy may separate the abdominal muscles which are tightened in the Tummy Tuck procedure.
- People who have plans for losing weight in the future must not go for the procedure because tummy tuck should necessarily be the last option. Moreover, Tummy Tuck is not a weight loss regime.
Tummy Tuck Recovery
Immediately after the surgery, your incisions will be covered up with bandages or elastic bandages. A compression garment is also provided by the surgeon to reduce the swelling and bruising to provide support to the abdomen while it heals. A small thin tube may also be placed under the skin to drain out the excess blood or fluids. The following things are very important after the surgery:
- Taking care of the surgical sites
- Apply medicines and ointment or take medicines orally on time
- Go for a frequent check-up with your plastic surgeon
- Follow each instruction provided to you.
However, the patients can feel uncomfortable even after several weeks after the surgery and they may be able to resume normal light activities after a week or two. But for restarting heavy vigorous activities and exercise you must wait for six weeks or more as your surgeon recommends. None of the swelling bruising and scarring is permanent, they will go away with time.
Tummy Tuck Results
The results are permanent and can be long lasting if you don’t gain more extra weight. The results will be visible after a week or two and you can feel the difference yourself.