Stretch Marks Removal
Stretch marks or striae are mainly associated with pregnancy, obesity, puberty and in cases of abrupt weight gain or due to the effect of other strenuous physical activities. The stretch marks start appearing in the middle layer of the skin which is responsible for maintaining the shape and elasticity of the skin. When this layer of the skin is stretched more than what it can tolerate, the connective fibres eventually break down and starts disrupting the collagen production by causing minimum scarring.
The stretch marks typically appear on the hips, thighs, arms, buttocks, abdominal area, lower back portion, etc. Men and women may experience the appearance of stretch marks as a result of various factors like genetics, puberty, bodybuilding, and use of long-term steroid compounds, etc. Pregnancy may also be one of the prime reason to give rise to some stretch marks. However, the good news is that now anyone can get rid of the appearance of stretch marks by undergoing the various cosmetic procedures that are currently.
The patients who wish to undergo a stretch mark removal procedure should have a realistic expectation from the procedure. Overall, the patients must be in a good health condition without any major physical conditions.
Benefits of Stretch Mark Removal
Stretch marks removal through laser is one of the most effective treatments that can treat various age, depth and colour of the skin. Most of the patients prefer undergoing the laser stretch marks removal treatment due to its short recovery period. Additionally, the procedure does not require making incisions or long periods of downtime. The energy emitted by the laser is also responsible for stimulating the collagen growth within the skin. The procedure is most effective in diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. Patients can achieve a noticeable result with minimal downtime. The laser treatment involves a very high rate of patient satisfaction because it is a very safe procedure that involves least chances of causing any injury.
There are various treatment options available for stretch mark removal that the surgeons may offer for reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
- Retin A- This is a topical cream treatment, that claims to reduce the appearance of stretch marks at any part of the body. This topical cream can cause various side effects such as redness and peeling. However, this drug should not be used by pregnant or nursing women. This lotion is said to get through the upper layer of the skin which helps in stimulating the production of collagen under the skin.
- Laser or light therapy- The laser therapy is one of the latest treatment procedures that can effectively reduce the appearance of stretch marks. The pulsed dye lasers and intense pulsed light can highly improve the appearance and also stimulates the production of collagen. The laser treatment uses high energy ultraviolet laser light to interrupt the molecular bonds in the skin tissues. After the completion of the laser treatment, the affected area usually heals quickly and new layers of healthy skin are visible.
- Surgical stretch mark removal- The surgical stretch mark removal is another effective option for removing the stretch marks permanently and completely. Other stretch mark removal options include reducing the prominence of the stretch marks but surgical procedures can totally remove them by eliminating the chances of any viable risks and complications. A tummy tuck is commonly referred to as one of the most effective surgical procedure to remove stretch marks. The tummy tuck involves tightening the abdominal muscles and removing the striated skin in the abdominal region.
- Microdermabrasion- In this microdermabrasion tiny crystals are used to sand away the top layer of the skin which helps in removing the imperfections by stimulating the growth of new, healthy skin. The side effects include redness, swelling, bruising and changes in skin sensation. The area of treatment may, however, take some time to heal completely.
Immediately after following any of the stretch mark removal procedure, the affected area is mostly found red, tender, bare and sensitive. This happens because the topmost layer of the skin is usually removed that reduces the appearance of stretch marks. Very often blistering may be seen in laser removal procedure but that is a temporary condition and will resolve with time. Most of the patients are found to heal within few weeks. The patients are instructed to avoid sun exposure to the skin until it has healed completely. The recovery period may vary from person to person but most of the patients are able to resume normal activities within few days of undergoing the procedure.
- Even though the laser stretch mark removal is a very safe procedure, still there are some old stretch marks that do not respond to any of the treatment procedures.
- The laser surgical procedure was designed to break the scar tissues and not repairing them.
- For some people even after undergoing numerous treatment sessions, the patients may not be able to achieve the desired result from the procedure.
Procedure Surgeon in Hyderabad
Inform clinic Hyderabad is one of the best clinics that has a group of highly trained and experienced surgeons who aims at providing the best of them to their patients. The ultimate goal of the clinic is providing the best services and improve the quality of life for people in trouble. Therefore anyone intended in finding the best services from a clinic in Hyderabad within affordable price range may try Inform Clinic.
Preparations before, on the day and after following the procedure
On the day before undergoing the procedure, discussing every single detail with the surgeon is very important. Before undergoing the procedure, the skin quality, condition of the stretch marks and the procedure to be undertaken are selected to ensure that the patients achieve the best results. The patients are also instructed to stop smoking and follow the other pre-op instructions that the dermatologist or surgeon will provide. Most of these procedures are performed under local anaesthesia so patients can return back home after undergoing the treatment. Immediately after undergoing the procedure, the treatment area remains bare and tender. Patients mostly experience some pain but that will resolve within few days. The post-op instructions must be followed by the patients to continue a safe recovery.
How many laser treatments are required?
Laser treatment is one of the most effective treatment to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. However, only a single session may not be enough to accomplish the desired result. More than one laser treatments may be required depending on the condition of the stretch marks.
Which is the best stretch mark removing procedure?
There is numerous stretch mark removal procedure, now finding the best one among all is tough because different people have varied skin quality. So various people find various treatment helpful depending on their skin type and severity or location of the stretch marks.
What type of skin can be treated?
Any type of skin that is healthy and disease free can be treated successfully. However, it is said that older stretch marks are difficult to treat.