Photo Rejuvenation or Variable Pulsed light is a skin laser treatment for the face, hands, back, etc. Photorejuvenation uses a varied pulsed light system which safely procedures high pulsed energy light beam. This beam of light is passed through the surface of the skin by targeting the skin pigmented areas and its underlying tissue and minor blood vessels. This also helps in improving the skin texture and complexion by encouraging the production of collagen. Once the pigment has been targeted with VPN, it comes to the surface of the skin which gradually flakes away.
It can effectively treat conditions like
- Reduces the pigmentation, age spots, sun spots, and redness
- The appearance of fine broken capillaries, red veins, and other minor vascular problems can be diminished
- The skin complexion and texture can be enhanced
- Collagen production is thus stimulated
What to expect from the procedure?
The results obtained are long lasting but the longevity of the results will depend on the amount of sun exposure to the skin. Keeping the skin further from sun damage will make the results long-lasting. Most of the patients do not feel any pain during or after the procedure. Some feelings of discomfort may persist for first few hours which can be resolved easily. While executing the laser procedure the patients are provided with an eye mask to protect their eyes from the light. However, the plastic surgeon may also recommend some complementary treatments to help achieve the goal.
- It involves the least downtime
- The results achieved are long-lasting and that can improve the skin quality and texture
- The laser procedure can be performed anywhere in the body
- One session will not be enough to achieve the desired results
- The laser treatment is not effective for people with dark skin tone
- Avoiding sun after undergoing the treatment is mandatory