LASER TATTOO REMOVAL
Tattooing has been a part of human culture since the beginning of modern civilization. Nearly thirty percent of the people have had a tattoo at least once in their life. But most of them are not that contemplated with the matter. Hence, the tattoo needs to be removed, but how?
Laser tattoo removal has given a definite and exact solution to this problem. Now people can very easily get rid of the unwanted tattoo without involving any major side effects.
Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure
- Laser tattoo removal procedure involves, breaking down of the color pigments with a high-intensity beam of light. The black tattoo pigments absorb all the laser wavelengths and disintegrate itself making it very easy to treat the color pigment. For tattoos made with other colors, they can also be treated with lasers basing on the color pigment.
- The initial step after deciding to remove the tattoo is consulting with a well trained a professional practitioner who can analyze your tattoo and advise what is best for you. The surgeon may also give you an estimate on the number of treatments you need to achieve the best results. However how many treatments you will require solely depends on the age, size, and color of the tattoo, the color of the skin as well as how deep the tattoo pigment goes.
- Before beginning with the laser tattoo removal session the candidate will be provided with a pair of eye shields to protect their eyes from the laser light. Other technicians present there will test if your skin reacts adversely to the laser and will help in determining the most effective energy for the treatment. The beam of a laser allows the pulses of intense light to pass through the top layers of the skin that will be absorbed by the tattoo pigments.
- However, the smaller tattoos will require fewer pulses and the larger tattoos will obviously need more of them to be removed successfully. To be able to successfully remove the tattoos the candidates will necessarily require several treatments. After undergoing each of the procedures the tattoo progressively becomes lighter.
Post Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure
- The candidates undergoing laser tattoo removal procedure do not need anesthesia but the area of the treatment is made numb by applying a topical anesthesia cream
- Immediately after the procedure, an ice pack is used on the treated area to soothe the treated area and an antibiotic cream is used in the area and it is bandaged for protection. It must be made sure that the area is covered with sunblock when outside
Side Effects of Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser treatment is considered as the safest laser removal treatments than any other excision or dermabrasion treatment because laser treatment is capable of precisely selecting the pigments in the tattoo. However often candidates must consider the following before deciding to undergo this treatment:
- The area of treatment becomes prone to infection and some people may even develop a permanent scar. Anyone undergoing the procedure may also end up with hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation
- Blue and black tattoo colors respond best to the laser treatment and the other colors may not effectively be removed