Reduce Your Breasts
Breast reduction surgery is also popular as reduction mammoplasty which is a cosmetic procedure that involves removing the excess breast fat, glandular tissues and extra skin to achieve a breast size that is proportionate to the body. An overly large breast often appear disproportionate to the body and also causes some severe issues like neck pain, back pain or other physical symptoms. So women suffering from such condition may wish to undergo a breast reduction surgery to ease the discomfort and to achieve a breast size that is proportionate to the body. This surgical procedure mostly improves the self-image ad the ability to participate in the physical activities.
Breast reduction surgery is meant for women who have large breasts and want to resolve certain struggling issues due to the effect of oversized breasts. The issues that most of the women suffer from are-
- Chronic back pain, neck and shoulder pain
- Chronic rashes or irritation in the skin under the breast fold
- Pain in the nerve
- Restricted activities
- Lack of self-confidence
- Poor body posture
However, candidates who are addicted to smoking and have certain conditions such as diabetes or heart problems, patients suffering from overweight or obesity must avoid undergoing this surgical procedure.
Benefits of breast reduction
- Oversized breasts can create various problems like back and neck ache due to the weight of the breasts that creates an immense pressure on the neck and back. Therefore undergoing a breast reduction procedure helps get rid of the pain that is caused by large sized breasts by reducing the shape and size of the breasts.
- Women with large breasts know the real pain of bra straps on the shoulder. It literally gives rise to grooves on the shoulder. So women after undergoing the breast reduction procedure help them to accomplish a body compact and lighter breast.
- Well, not only women but men may also wish to undergo a breast reduction procedure, especially those who wish to wear tighter, better-fitting clothing.
- Men and women who wish to undergo a breast reduction procedure mostly achieve a better body structure and this results in an enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem.
Breast reduction surgery is typically accomplished by making incisions on the breasts by removing the excess fat and glandular tissues, skin and fatty tissues from the breasts to make it a smaller one. In some cases, the excess fat may also be removed through liposuction combining with tissue excision technique. If the breast size is due to the presence of fatty tissues and excess skin then liposuction alone may be really that effective. This technique is usually used to reduce the size of the breasts which basically depends on certain factors like the size of the breasts, composition of the breasts, amount of reduction desired and the personal preference or the surgeon’s advice.
Before beginning with the procedure, the patients are first administered with local or general anaesthesia to make sure that the candidates do not experience any major pain or discomfort during the procedure. The surgeon then makes incisions in the breast area to eliminate the extra-glandular tissues, fatty cells and skin from the area. The incision option mostly includes-
- A circular pattern around the areola where the incision lines remain visible and give rise to permanent scarring. Although most of the surgeons make the scars concealed within the natural breast contour.
- A keyhole-shaped incision where the incisions are made around the areola that is located vertically down towards the breast crease.
- An inverted T or anchor-shaped incision pattern is also a common one which the surgeons often performs.
However, after creating the desired incision patterns, extra sagging skin are excised out, the extra-glandular breast tissues are removed to make the breasts lighter and compact. The areolas may be reduced if required and the nipple is repositioned for severely drooping breasts. The underlying structures are not only reduced but also elevated and shaped up. At the end of the procedure, the remaining skin is sutured up to reshape the smaller breast. The sutures are usually layered deep within the breast tissues to create support to the newly shaped breasts. The incisions are mostly covered up with bandages and an elastic garment is provided to support the breast contour. The incision lines are permanent and in most cases are hidden under clothing. The results achieved are visible immediately and the final results will be visible when the incision lines will fade away gradually.
Immediately after undergoing the breast reduction procedure, the incisions are covered up with bandages, dressings. An elastic bandage or supporting bra may be worn to minimize the swelling and provide support to the new breast contour. The surgeon will mostly provide with some post-op instructions that the patients must follow minutely to complete a safe recovery period. Most of the patients will experience some pain, bruising and swelling. The surgeon usually prescribes some medications for pain and some antibiotics to resolve the discomfort experienced by the candidates.
The patients may, however, be able to resume office or other light activities within few weeks of undergoing the procedure. But performing vigorous activities is strictly prohibited until a month by when the swelling disappears completely. The scars are permanent but will fade away with time.
- The reduction mammoplasty or breast reduction procedure is mostly a safe procedure only when performed by a qualified surgeon. The procedure is not at all a simple surgical procedure, it includes some risks and complications. The possible complications include bleeding and infection, allergic reaction to anaesthesia, etc.
- Additionally, the breast reduction procedure leaves behind scars immediately after undergoing the surgical procedure. These scars are permanent and will mostly be concealed within the clothing.
- For extremely large breasts, a large number of breast tissues are removed to make the breasts appear small and lighter. Now the removal of excessive breast tissues may lead to lack of sensation or numbness in the breast. This condition may also occur after repositioning the nipples.
- Since the glandular tissues are removed from the breasts during the surgical procedure, breastfeeding may not be necessary for future. Therefore, it is always recommended by the surgeon to undergo a breast reduction surgery after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Candidates who are addicted to smoking are also at a higher risk if they wish to undergo a breast reduction surgery. This is because the nicotine content in the blood can delay and impair the healing procedure of the patients.
Procedure surgeon in Hyderabad
A breast reduction procedure is also known as reduction mammoplasty which is such a cosmetic procedure that involves removing the excess fat, skin and glandular breast tissues from the breasts to achieve a smaller and lighter breast size. Mostly women undergo such such cosmetic procedure that helps alleviate the discomfort that is associated with large breasts. The conditions that women with large breasts experience are neck and back pain, chaffing, infections, etc. However, women undergoing a breast reduction procedure mostly experience a relief from such conditions. The procedure is considered as a safe procedure unless the procedure is carried on by an experienced surgeon.
Now finding an experienced and well-trained surgeon may be daunting for most of the people but people in and around Hyderabad may cherry-pick Inform clinic which is now considered as one of the best clinics in Hyderabad. The clinic is rich in well trained and experienced team of surgeons who provide their best advice and guidance for the wellbeing of the patients. All the latest technologies are implied while executing any particular surgical procedure. Additionally, the group of nurse and other staffs treats the patients with immense patience, care and respect.
The clinic maintains proper hygiene and appropriate treatment environment that makes the patients even better. The best part of the clinic is it provides the top-notch services at an affordable rate.
Preparation before, on the day and after undergoing the procedure
During the final consultation with the surgeon, the surgeon will mostly evaluate the medical history and overall health conditions of the patients. The medical reports of the patients are also evaluated which helps the surgeon to identify if they are eligible for the procedure or not. The patients are also asked to undergo some lab tests to analyse the physical conditions of the patients. Next, the surgeon provides with some pre-op instructions that must be followed minutely. The instructions generally include quitting to smoke at least three-weeks before and after undergoing the procedure. The surgeon also instructs the patients to avoid blood-thinning medicines, anti-inflammatory medicines, herbal supplements, etc. since that may increase the chances of bleeding during the surgical procedure.
On the day of undergoing the surgical procedure, the candidates are asked to reach early to the clinics or hospital. If the procedure is undergone under general anaesthesia then the candidates must have to spend a night in the hospital. Again, if the surgical procedure is carried on an out-patient basis, then the patients can return back home immediately after undergoing the procedure. The ultimate decision depends on the condition of the patient and the surgeon’s final decision. Now depending on the severity of the breasts condition, incisions or breast tissue excision is performed to reduce the shape and size of the breasts.
After undergoing this surgical procedure the incisions are covered with bandages and proper dressing. The patients may experience some amount of pain and bruise in the treatment area. But the surgeon will prescribe some painkillers and antibiotics to reduce the pain and alleviate the discomfort caused. The post-op instructions provided by the surgeon must be followed by the candidates. A compression garment is also provided by the surgeon to provide support to the new breast contour. Some part of the result will be visible immediately after undergoing the procedure and the final result will be visible when entire swelling and bruising fades away.
Who is a good candidate for the breast reduction procedure?
Women with overly large breast size that may be due to the effect of heredity, pregnancy and breastfeeding and is suffering from back and neck pain due to it. Women who experience rashes and infections due to the extremely sagging breast may also choose to undergo a breast reduction surgical procedure. Overall the candidates must be adult with fully developed breast tissues and are in a good health condition may consider undergoing a breast reduction procedure.
What are the risks involved with the breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction surgery is considered as one of the safest liposuction procedure. However, like any surgical procedure, includes some complications and side effects, breast reduction surgery may also involve swelling, bruising, numbness, asymmetrical breast, etc.
How much pain is involved in this procedure?
The patients mostly experience mild to moderate pain during the recovery period. But patients do not experience any major pain immediately after undergoing the procedure due to the effect of anaesthesia. During the recovery period, the persisting pin can be resolved by using painkillers.
What is the cost associated with the breast reduction surgery?
The cost of the breast reduction surgery mostly depends on the degree of breast sag, amount of fat, skin and glandular breast tissues to be removed, the technique has undergone, anaesthesia, fees, extra charges, post-surgery garments, the experience of the surgeon, the geographic position of the clinic etc. Since it is a cosmetic procedure, so the cost is typically not covered up by insurance.
Are the scars permanent?
Well, in most of the cases, though the scars are considered permanent, the incision lines may also fade away with time. The surgeon, however, tries to make the incisions in the most inconspicuous area possible to allow the least appearance of these scars.
When are the results visible?
Immediately after undergoing the liposuction procedure, the candidates mostly experience some part of the results. But the final result will be visible when the swelling will disappear completely.