Aging is unstoppable. Everyone desires to achieve a healthy skin but with time we start noticing fine lines, wrinkles, and various other age spots that literally dwindling the glow of the skin. It is only our skin that portrays the signs of aging starts appearing that makes the skin dry, dull and appears to sag. A biological aging is considered as an intrinsic factor that is usually determined by our genes. It is affected by the biological clock that occurs due to the naturally occurring hormones and that cannot be stopped.
Now we might be really bothered that what makes our skin to sag? The two components elastin and collagen are considered as the essential components that hold our skin together. This Elastin provides elasticity to the skin and the collagen is responsible for adding firmness to the skin. Now as we start aging, both elastin and collagen start making them thick and loose which leads to making the skin inelastic, loose and sagging.
Skin aging is also associated with loss of skin moisture. Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of the skin that helps in maintaining the skin elasticity and strength. With aging, the HA levels in our skin start decreasing that makes our skin appear dry, rough and dull. Thus, the signs of aging can be divided into early and advanced. But any signs of aging can be treated with a combination of cosmetic procedures along with customised treatment procedures.
Struggling with the signs of aging may be a trouble but undergoing anti-aging treatments can help in relieving such situations. The results achieved from the procedure are most desirable without involving a long recovery period. Another benefit of undergoing an anti-aging cosmetic surgery is that the results acquired are permanent. However, this does not mean that the candidates will achieve a forever young skin, but the candidates will appear younger than their age. The longevity of the results depends on how the candidate is maintaining the result. Therefore, acquiring a young ageless appearance after undergoing anti-aging treatments can no doubt add a star to their life making them feel young, confident and rejuvenating.
- Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing- According to many surgeons, it is one of the anti-aging breakthroughs of the decade that involves resurfacing the skin with a CO2 fractional laser therapy. The procedure uses laser beams, that penetrates the skin and works on the underlying collagen structures. It helps in preventing damage to the top layer of the skin and offers maximum results with minimal recovery time.
- Anti-wrinkle injections- These anti-wrinkle injections basically includes some commonly used fillers like Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, etc. The fillers are mostly dermal fillers and hyaluronic acid fillers. The results typically lasts for about 12 months to 18 months. Botox and Dysport are also used as anti-wrinkle injections that help in relaxing the muscles and preventing skin from creasing and causing wrinkles. These are FDA approved fillers that are recently in use to reduce the appearance of any wrinkle. However, Botox is a prescription only drug that must be used only after consulting with surgeons.
- Antioxidants- These antioxidants are some nutrients that can be topically used to neutralise the free radicals that cause harm to the skin. The main sources of the antioxidants are vitamin C and E that helps in skin rejuvenation while protecting it from sun damage.
- Traditional facelift- A facelift or Rhytidectomy is a surgical procedure that helps in improving the visible signs of aging like sagging skin, deepening of the skin folds between the nose, corner of the mouth, the appearance of a double chin, etc. This is a surgical procedure that involves making incisions along the hairlines to sculpt the face by repositioning other underlying structures.
- Dermabrasion- It is such an exfoliating technique that utilises a special instrument to remove the outer layer of the skin. This helps to get rid of the fine lines and other issues with the skin.
- Chemical peel- These are certain acids such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, trichloroacetic acid when applied to the skin, helps in exfoliating the topmost layer of the skin. It helps in reducing the fine lines, small scars, discoloration and sun damaged skin. Chemical peels are available of various strengths and it is only a surgeon who will decide the perfect one for the candidate.
The recovery time may vary from person to person. Moreover, each treatment procedure has a varying recovery period. Like people undergoing a filler injection may experience some symptoms like bruising, headache, redness, but most of these are temporary and self-resolving and can return to normal activities immediately. Other treatment procedures like laser, dermabrasion, chemical peeling includes a short recovery. So people can return back to normal activities after undergoing this procedure. Though they are provided with some post-procedure instructions like maintain a skincare routine, avoiding excessive sun exposure, etc. However, after undergoing this procedure the skin becomes sensitive, bare and tender, so it is very important for the candidates to maintain a proper skin care schedule until the skin has healed. Now candidates who have undergone a surgical facelift procedure mostly find a longer recovery period. They are able to resume normal activities within a week and vigorous activities after complete recovery.
Though most of the anti-aging treatments provide the best and effective result, they also include some major drawbacks. Some patients may experience some adverse effects like pain, swelling, bruising, lack of poor healing and other symptoms in the skin. Apart from pain, potential risks must also be considered that may include allergic reaction to anesthesia. The other most important aspect is acquiring some unpredictable results. Lastly, the most important drawback of these anti-aging treatment is that most of these treatment procedures are expensive and the cost is not covered by any insurance.
Procedure surgeon in Hyderabad
Hyderabad has recently been a cosmetic surgery hub. You can find numerous cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists in Hyderabad. So naturally, it would be difficult for people to choose one among many. It is even more difficult to find a trustworthy surgeon who can provide the best services. But fortunately, Inform Clinic in Hyderabad has helped in clearing away all doubts.
Inform clinic has a group of well-trained surgeons who are experienced and adept in performing certain cosmetic procedures. Apart from the surgeons, the staffs, nurses, technicians are all trained and they provide their best services. Adding icing to the cake, the Inform clinic also maintains a proper hygiene that even makes the patients comfortable in this clinic.
Preparation before, during and after undergoing the procedure
The patients after cherry picking the best dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon first go for a consultation with the surgeon which is very important. It is a session where the patient and doctor discuss their goals, the possible results, pros and cons and everything about the procedure. The doctor then analyses the skin condition of the patients and then determines the type of procedure the patients must undergo. Some of the patients are also provided with some pre-op instructions that must not be missed to avoid complications. Eligible candidates are only selected to undergo such anti-aging skin treatment procedures.
On the day of undergoing the procedure, the skin is first cleansed and then administered with local anesthesia. For surgical approach, candidates may also be administered with general anesthesia to ensure that the patients experience no pain.
Most of the complications are self-resolving. In rare cases, the patients experience some major complications. The patients are also provided with some instructions that the patients must follow to avoid any such major complications from the procedure.
Is there anyone who should not receive any anti-aging treatment?
Pregnant and nursing mothers should not receive any anti-aging treatment as that may impose a harsh effect on them. Normally people who are in a good health, with a healthy skin condition are instructed to undergo such cosmetic procedures. Additionally, it is very important for the candidates to keep a realistic expectation from the procedure.
What are the possible side effects of anti-aging treatments?
The possible side effects after undergoing some anti-aging treatment are rare. But in some case, the candidates may also experience conditions like redness, swelling, bruising, pain, etc. The chances of any major complications are rare, but it is important to protect the skin from direct sunlight since the skin would be tender for few days after undergoing the procedure.