Liposuction is also popular as Lipoplasty which is a cosmetic procedure that involves breaking down the fat cells from various parts of the body. Most commonly liposuction is used on the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, neck, chin, upper arms, back, etc. In this particular cosmetic procedure, a hollow instrument is used which is called cannula, is inserted under the skin through the incisions. The cannula is used to loosen the fatty cells and help in the fat emulsification process. Then a powerful vacuum suction is used to suck out the liquefied fat from the body.
Liposuction is, however, the most common cosmetic surgical procedure that is performed all over the world and is considered as the safest and best procedure to get rid of the unwanted fat from various parts of the body. Patients who wish to undergo a liposuction procedure must have a stable body weight in order to eradicate the undesirable body fat from targeted areas of the body. The fat cells that are eliminated through liposuction are removed permanently from the body. But if the patient does not lead a healthy lifestyle there are chances for the other associating fat cells to grow bigger. However, the amount of fat that is removed is limited and only an experienced cosmetic surgeon will know that.
However, liposuction is not an overall weight loss procedure or a treatment for obesity. People undergoing a liposuction procedure usually do not find any remarkable weight fluctuation in the body. It is a procedure that can remove the stubborn fat cells which do not respond to exercising or dieting. Additionally, liposuction is not at all responsible for removing cellulite or stretch marks. The main aim of this cosmetic procedure is to achieve an enhanced physical contour.
People who wish to undergo a liposuction procedure are first determined by a qualified surgeon to verify if they are eligible for the surgical procedure or not. The best candidate for undergoing this cosmetic procedure is someone who is in a good health and within the ideal weight. Additionally, men and women who are above 18 years must keep a realistic expectation and positive outlook on this cosmetic procedure. There is no upper age limit to undergo liposuction. But people with a firm skin and a good elasticity are preferred the most so that the skin does not start to sag after fat removal.
Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction is one of the most widespread cosmetic surgical procedure which offers a safe and effective fat removal. There are numerous benefits that liposuction incurs and some of them are-
- Improved health- Fat removal can have various other beneficial effects on the overall health and well-being of the patients. According to numerous surveys, it has been found that weight loss is the best way to reduce any risks that are related to heart diseases, diabetes, certain types of cancer, etc. Although liposuction is not at all used for removing a large amount of fat and it can only be used to eliminate some of the stubborn fat pockets which do not respond to dieting and exercise. Liposuction in breast reduction also helps in resolving other issues like back pain, neck pain, etc.
- Improved physical appearance- The main aim of the liposuction procedure is to remove the unwanted fat from various parts of the body. So undergoing this procedure helps to achieve a smooth body contour which can make people feel even more confident. However, liposuction will help people to achieve a better, rejuvenating body appearance.
- Target fat removal- Liposuction is an effective fat removal procedure that can target specific areas of the body. A small amount of fat can also be removed in this procedure without causing any harm to the underlying tissues.
- Boost the self-esteem- People who choose to undergo a liposuction procedure mostly achieves a better body contour. This helps the people to achieve an enhanced self-confidence especially for those people who desperately desire in achieving the best appearance.
- Least downtime- The liposuction is such a cosmetic procedure that helps people to achieve a contoured body by removing the extra fat deposits from various parts of the body. The best part of this cosmetic procedure is that the procedure is a least invasive procedure with minimal recovery time.
Different Types of Liposuction
The liposuction procedure is not a weight loss treatment or a treatment for obesity. Rather it is considered as the most beneficial procedure for the people to undergo an overall contoured figure by eliminating the fat pockets from specific parts of the body. Liposuction can be executed in various areas of the body - abdomen, flanks, hips, thigh, buttocks, arms and breasts.
- Liposuction of the abdomen- This particular cosmetic procedure is very effective for shaping up the abdominal area in men and women. The lower abdominal area tends to be resistant to diet and exercises. In fact, pregnancy and cesarean births may also disfigure the effect on the lower abdominal area which cannot be corrected even with strenuous exercises. So liposuction can help to get rid of the fat cells.
- Liposuction in flanks- Liposuction can be greatly helpful in improving the appearance of the flanks and reduce the number of fatty bulges in the abdominal area. The procedure is usually performed under local anaesthesia so that the patient does not experience aim during the procedure but can also resume normal activities immediately after undergoing the procedure.
- Liposuction of the hips- This liposuction is undergone by people who want to accomplish a better body contour. This type of liposuction is specially undergone by women. However, this liposuction procedure is performed under gnarl anaesthesia and may also be combined with extended tummy tuck procedure.
- Liposuction of the thighs- liposuction of the entire thigh is performed through a circumferential approach which is not recommended since it involves some complications like swelling and longer recovery time.
- Liposuction of the buttocks- It is very important to remember that people who want to reshape or reduce the shape and size of the buttock may choose to undergo this procedure. The excess removal of fat from the buttocks area may result in asymmetrical, lumpy, sagging breasts.
- Liposuction of the arms- The liposuction of the arms has a high rate of patient satisfaction since it includes fetching slimmer appearance of the body with an overall contoured look.
- Liposuction of the breasts- Women with overly large breasts are found suffering from back pain, neck pain, headaches, poor self-esteem, etc. So they may choose to undergo the liposuction procedure to make their breasts lighter and compact. Males who are suffering from Gynecomastia may also get benefited by undergoing liposuction of the breasts.
- Face, neck and chin liposuction- The facial liposuction is also a common procedure to remove the fatty deposits from specific areas of the face such as chin, neck and jowls. The facial liposuction helps to get rid of the excess localised fat and provide a more youthful appearance. This is considered as a safe liposuction procedure that provides dramatic results and this is the reason it is preferred by numerous people in making them feel younger and attractive than before. The procedure utilises using a micro-cannula to acquire absolute precision.
The liposuction surgery may seem simple but it is actually a lot more than that. The surgical liposuction procedure is quite complex and it is only a skilled and trained surgeon who can perform this surgical procedure safely and securely. Now it is pretty much sure that each liposuction procedure may vary from person to person depending on the treatment area and the type of liposuction procedure undergone.
The liposuction procedure can be performed by using either local or general anaesthesia. Most of the liposuction techniques involve injecting a large amount of medical solution that consists of a saline solution mixed with anaesthetic. Then incisions are made in the area of treatment and through this incisions, a thin narrow cannula is inserted through the incisions. The cannula is used to loosen the fatty tissues by moving it is a controlled back and forth motion. The dislodged fat is then sucked out from the body by using a cannula that is attached to a vacuum suction. The anaesthetic fluid that is injected into the area of treatment helps to swell up to the fat cells and constrict the blood vessels. This helps rapid recovery by reducing the bleeding and bruising in that area.
However, at the end of the procedure, the incisions are closed with just a few stitches. Some surgeon’s, in fact, choose to keep the incisions open to drain out the anaesthetic fluid from the area of treatment. Patients may undergo liposuction in one or more than one areas if eligible.
Surgeons may also wish to combine liposuction with other cosmetic procedures to achieve more comprehensive and pleasing results if they find their patient eligible for that. So eligible patients may undergo such combination of procedures and achieve a much-defined body contour. The cosmetic procedures that can be performed in combination with liposuction are tummy tuck, thigh lift, body lift, arm lift, breast reduction.
The patients usually feel no pain during the procedure due to anaesthesia’s effect which will gradually go off within a day. After the anaesthesia wears off the patients mostly experience some pain, swelling, bruising for which the surgeons provide them with some medications. The incisions are covered up with dressing which will be opened by the surgeon only during the post-op check-up. A compression garment is also provided by the surgeon to provide support to the new body contour and enhance the healing. Wearing this garment for a week is mandatory. Patients can take bath after the first week and by this time the swelling, bruising, numbness will begin to disappear gradually.
The swelling will fade away gradually up to several months after liposuction and the final results will be seen. The recovery period may not be same for all, it may vary from person to person. Accomplishing the final result also depends on the skin elasticity of the patients. The tighter and firmer the skin the results will be better so that skin should return to normal condition even after removing a remarkable amount of fat. Normally, people can return to office and resume normal activities within few days. But they cannot resume vigorous activities or exercises until the incisions have healed properly.
Liposuction is said to be an overall safe procedure but it still includes some major complications like an allergic reaction to anaesthesia, bruising, changes in the sensation, accumulation of the fluid, infection, damage to any nerves or underlying organs, swelling, irregularities in the skin, etc. Other complications may include inflammation that will take near about six months to settle down. In worst cases, the patients may also experience some numbness in the treated area which may occur due to the case of nerve injury. Infection is although a rare complication that is related to liposuction which may result in the rise of undesirable scarring.
But some of these side effects can be avoided by following the post-op instructions that are provided by the surgeon and also by choosing an experienced and well-trained one who is adept in the liposuction techniques. An inexperienced surgeon may cause an internal puncture to the organs by an uncontrolled movement of the cannula. This condition, if not diagnosed on time may be fatal. There are hardly any chances of death that are related to liposuction.
There are a number of liposuction techniques that the surgeon may choose to help the patients to get rid of the fatty tissues from various parts of the body. Each liposuction technique is targeted to eliminate the fat pockets from various parts of the body. It is a surgeon who can assess the best procedure that the patients can undergo to achieve the best-desired results. So following are liposuction techniques –
- Traditional liposuction- A traditional liposuction is a surgically invasive procedure that involves making incisions in the area of treatment. Prior to that a medical solution that a large amount of local anaesthetic is injected into the fatty tissues to make the area numb. Then a thin narrow cannula is inserted through these incisions and is made to move in a controlled back and forth motion to loosen the fatty tissues. These loose fatty tissue gets emulsified and the liquid is sucked out from the body through a vacuum suction. A traditional liposuction is the most primitive form of liposuction which is considered an effective fat removal technique. But the traditional liposuction is an invasive procedure which includes a large number of complications and a long recovery period.
- Tumescent liposuction- A tumescent liposuction is also another form of liposuction that is pretty similar to the traditional liposuction. This procedure includes injecting a huge amount of anaesthetic fluid that in the area of treatment. This helps in reducing the bleeding and bruising that are involved in a traditional liposuction technique. The amount of fluid injected is proportional to the amount of fat removed from the area. This solution swells up the fatty tissues and also constricts the blood vessels which automatically reduces the chances of the potential complications. The tumescent liposuction is a least invasive procedure with a very short recovery period.
- Ultrasonic or Vaser liposuction- The ultrasonic or Vaser liposuction is also popular as lipo selection which uses a cannula aided by ultrasound. The cannula used here is a tiny narrow probe which is inserted through the incision up to the fatty tissues. The ultrasound probes emit mild waves which break down the fatty tissues making it easier to remove the fat deposits to tighten the surrounding skin. It is a least invasive procedure that includes a very short recovery time in comparison to any other liposuction technique. However, Vaser liposuction may be at a greater risk of creating burns and scarring due to the heat that it generates. In order to undergo a safe recovery, it is very important to choose only an experienced surgeon who can perform this procedure meticulously.
- Power assisted liposuction- This liposuction procedure involves using a vibrating tip cannula to loosen the fat cells making the fat removal process easier. The power-assisted liposuction is considered as a safe procedure since it includes less recovery period. The amount of energy that is created by this cannula not only help to loosen the fat cells but also tightens the skin.
- Laser liposuction- The laser liposuction is one of the most effective and modern liposuction approaches that involves using laser probes into the fat cells through the incisions. This is a costly liposuction procedure but is the best one. It hardly includes any complications and downtime so the patients can lead a normal life and resume light activities immediately after undergoing the procedure. There are various liposuction techniques that include CoolLipo, SlimLipo, SmartLipo, etc. Laser liposuction not only helps to get rid of the unwanted fat deposits from specific targeted areas of the body but it also helps in stimulating the collagen that is responsible for the tightening of the skin. Surgeons usually use a microcannula to remove fat cells from targeted areas of the body but it is very important to choose a surgeon very cautiously to undergo a safe liposuction. Laser liposuction if mishandled can give rise to severe complications and undesirable result.
There are also some other liposuction techniques which are not commonly used-
- Super wet liposuction- A super wet liposuction is also a variation of the tumescent liposuction that uses a manual cannula. But this procedure is not preferred by the surgeons since it involves injecting a certain amount of fluid to the area of treatment that is equal to the amount of fat that is being removed. So this includes a lot of swelling during the recovery period and includes a large recovery time. Additionally, the procedure is carried on under general anaesthesia.
Liposuction definitely involves some limitations and the results may not be perfect. First of all, liposuction is not a treatment for obesity so overweight people are not at all recommended for this cosmetic procedure. Only people with a stable weight can get the actual benefit from this procedure. Liposuction can help to remove the fat deposits from various parts of the body but it hardly impacts on the overall weight of the people. Additionally, it is very important for the candidates to keep a realistic outlook from the procedure because liposuction is not responsible for achieving perfection, it can just help to reduce the fatty deposits from targeted areas of the body.
The fats that are removed in this cosmetic procedure are removed permanently and there are no chances for the fatty tissues to return. But there is no guarantee that the surrounding fatty cells will not grow bigger in future. So it is very important for the candidates to lead a healthy lifestyle to maintain the accomplished result. Maintain a proper diet, exercising is must for maintaining the results.
Scarring is also one of the biggest complaints about most of the people after undergoing a liposuction procedure. Scarring can be visible as one of the biggest side effects through most of the surgeons try to make the incisions in the most inconspicuous areas. However, the scars can be minimised by following some post-op instructions or by following any scar removal treatment after liposuction. In maximum cases, the surgeons make the scars in such places which remains concealed within clothing.
The last but most important part of undergoing a liposuction procedure is the cost of it. It is not possible for everyone to afford Liposuction procedure. Since it is a cosmetic procedure so no insurance companies cover the cost of the procedure. There are various factors that drive the cost of liposuction like the reputation and experience of the surgeon, the geographic location of the clinic, the liposuction technique is chosen, amount of fat to be removed, the extent of the area of treatment, etc.
Before, during and after liposuction
Before the operation
You will be asked to undergo a few tests by the surgeon after a thorough examination of your body and condition.
- You will be asked to stop taking anti-inflammatory drugs for at least 2 weeks before surgery
- Contraceptive pill consumption should be stopped completely by women before the surgery.
- Anaemic patients may be asked to take iron supplements
- Consent form – You may be asked to fill up a consent form which confirms that they are fully aware of the risks, benefits of the procedure
During the operation
Liposuction surgery procedure takes around 3 hours which may vary depending on the type of procedure.
- Anesthesia – Majority of liposuction patients are on general anaesthesia (They will be put to sleep throughout the procedure)
- Epidural is used to inject anaesthetic around the spine to numb the abdomen and legs partially.
- For liposuction on small body parts such as the neck etc, local anaesthesia is used which is given to the patient while standing to ensure better and more fat removal.
After the liposuction operation
- Post operation numbness is experienced by the patient for sometimes.
- Patients who have been treated using general anaesthesia need an overnight stay post-surgery well as those on local anaesthesia can leave for home the same day.
- The surgeon may fit an elastic support corset or a bandage after the operation on the incised part of the body.
- A patient may be given antibiotics post operation to avoid chances of an infection. The doctor may also prescribe a few analgesics (painkillers) to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Post operation the patient will be given a date to visit and get their stitches removed, this may depend on how fast the patient’s wound heals.
- The area around the operated part may appear bruised for some time.
- Due to analgesics, a patient may feel numbness in the operated area for few weeks.
The operated area may take some time after which the patient may be able to see the results themselves. It takes around 4 weeks to several months for the results to show up as expected after the surgery.
The results obtained post-surgery do no guarantee to stay as it is forever, it depends on the diet and daily activities of the patient. If the patient continues eating junk food and does not exercise the fat may start accumulating in the body again but on the other part which was not operated before
Procedure Surgeon in Hyderabad
The best Liposuction surgery in Hyderabad is performed at Inform Clinics. They have profound expertise in cosmetic science and their deep passion for bettering lives.
Inform Clinic’s team of veteran ISAPS-certified surgeons help enhance your looks if you are leading stressful lives with low confidence, self-esteem and inferiority complex by helping you explore proven surgery options to enrich yourselves. If you are seeking a perfect body shape, faultless face, generous hair or perhaps marital bliss cosmetic surgery through Inform Clinics is the key.
Inform Clinics is an acknowledged “Centre for Excellence in Cosmetic Surgery”, conforms to the stringent ISO 9001:2008 standards and is devoted to providing care at all stages of treatment from consultation to cosmetic procedure and post-operative recovery. Our purpose is to see people walk out of our centre with a smile. To do our bit in enabling people to become successful and stay happy in their lives.
Liposuction Surgery Expert
Dr. Dushyant is one of the well renowned Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon in Hyderabad India. He has specialized in a variety of aesthetic surgical procedures and he is also professional in facial plastic surgeries. While the experience and training indicate to his knowledge, it is his surgical skills and his commitment to distinction and obligation to personalized, excellent care that is the base of his best recognition.
He aims to provide world-class facilities to his clients in Inform Clinics. His clinic has multiple teams of other medical specialities along with some prominent cosmetic Surgeons to facilitate a more holistic approach towards his clients. Teamwork also enables him to take up more tough cases, bring down operation time and costs, assist faster improvement and provide a patient with more than one perspective.
He regularly operates on patients from Hyderabad (Inform Clinics). People from rest of India, NRIs and foreign nationals from Asia, Africa, Europe and the United States also approach him in momentous numbers. His patients come from a broad array of Backgrounds-Software professionals, models and actresses, students, entrepreneurs, homemakers and also doctors. The principal focus in his medical practice has always been on our client's safety, confidentiality and obtaining conventional results.
Inform Clinics provides personalised treatment and post-operative care as we recognize that no two people are the same which means no two treatments should be identical too. That’s why we offer extremely tailored treatments to your personal needs and aspirations
Which Body Areas can be dealt with by Liposuction?
The most much of the time treated regions for ladies are the mid-region, bosoms, hips, external thighs, front thighs, internal thighs, knees, arms, rump, cheeks and neck. In men, who contain around 15% to 25% of liposuction patients, the most normally treated zones incorporate the jaw and neck territory, guts, flanks ("cushy layers"), and bosoms.
What are the Complications and Risks of Liposuction Surgery?
The riskiest part of liposuction is a disposition that overlooks the danger of doing excessively liposuction on a solitary day or dismisses the dangers of doing numerous irrelevant surgical techniques around the same time that liposuction surgery is performed. As judged by current overall experience, liposuction is incredibly protected. Uncommon issues that can possibly happen with any surgical method incorporate contaminations, dying, skin ulcerations, and nerve damage.
What Questions Should I Ask before Choosing a Liposuction Surgeon in Hyderabad?
Choices about liposuction should not just be on the basis of the cost of liposuction. The least expensive system may imply that the specialist does the technique rapidly and not entirely. You should not hesitate to make any inquiry you have about liposuction. Truth be told, it is the patient's duty to ensure that exceedingly critical inquiries have been asked and replied before settling on any official choices about having liposuction
What sort of Qualifications should a Liposuction Surgeon have?
Liposuction is most generally performed by specialists who have obtained unique qualifications for preparing the procedures of liposuction. Specialists who perform liposuction or other corrective surgeries are called "restorative specialists."
What are the Important Characteristics of a Safe Surgical Facility?
Liposuction can be performed in a specialist's office, in an outpatient surgery focus, or in a healing facility. A safe surgical office for liposuction must have the capacity to limit the dangers of surgical diseases. Surgeries ought to be done in working rooms that keep up exclusive requirements for tidiness.
What is the most secure type of liposuction? What is a liposuction cannula?
Tumescent liposuction with local anaesthesia is the most secure type of liposuction. Liposuction utilizing general anaesthesia or IV sedation is less safe for liposuction absolutely by nearby anaesthesia. Microcannulas allow smoother comes about after liposuction. A liposuction cannula is a little stainless steel tube that is embedded in a cut in the skin and expels subcutaneous fat.
To what extent is the Liposuction Surgery Post-Op and Recovery time?
At the point when liposuction is done absolutely by local anaesthesia, patients cannot withdraw from the surgical office within 30 minutes of the culmination of surgery. At the point when general anaesthesia is utilized, at that point patients more often than not expect one to three hours of post-anaesthesia perception before being released home. Most patients can come back to a work area write work with two days after tumescent liposuction. In light of the huge decline in swelling, irritation and agony after tumescent liposuction, patients can come back to typical physical exercises not long after tumescent liposuction.